Morning Stretches

It had already been almost a week and when I THINK I figured out how I hurt my back and my thigh.  At first, I thought the two were related as the back spasms sent shooting pain down my right cheek (no, not the one on my face) so I merely assumed the excruciating pain in the front of my upper thigh was caused by a muscle pressing on the sciatic nerve.

 WRONG!!  It all stemmed from recent activities over a period of a week...a mere seven days!!

First and foremost, when the Pres and I decided to dig out those massive grasses I told you about, I bent over, picked up and loaded two into my little green (not red...green) wagon.  Then because I think I am the bionic woman, I PULLED the very heavy wagon with my left arm up our hill to get out of our yard through the gate and then headed down to our neighbor's yard.

Seeing his truck home, I didn't want to bother him (because of the hours he works), so I once again lifted the huge root balls up and out of the wagon and leaned over to place them on the ground out of the way.  My task was complete and now simply pulled the empty wagon back up the hill and parked it in our yard.

Two days later, I had my adventure along the riverbed (when I lost my phone), lifting and throwing my right leg up and over the downed trees to hike in and out.

Two days later I cleaned the entire East perennial bed on my hands and knees, doing repetitive bending and leaning.  

Two days after that we went to my son's and I loaded and unloaded the pickup bed with five gallon buckets filled with root-balls of dug grasses and water (to keep them moist).

Yep, one week later...excruciating pain in my lower right side back, upper left arm/shoulder, and the front of my right thigh.  Spasms in my back...UGH...spasms in my thigh...double UGH!!

Needless to say, I've been doing a lot of stretching in between muscle spasms.  As of this writing, my back and arm feel MUCH better now it's just the muscle/tendon in my front thigh that needs to mend and that, my friends, is a killer!!

So today and EVERY DAY, I am thankful for the mobility I do have!! 

seeing, saying, sharing...

Morning Stretches

Thankful Thursday

Brian's Thankful Thursday


 

Comments

MadSnapper said…
looks like even cats need stretches.. I once injured my right shoulder just below the wing on the back. i injured it by STRETCHING.. the pain got worse, went to doc and she said when we age we can stretch bones out of where they belong, i stretched to hard and the small bone had to be put back where it went, she adjusted it for me.. the amount of work you did in a week would put anyone down, hope the thigh pain gets better soon
Girlfriend, that was enough work for months, not a few days! And, let's face it, we're not 35 anymore. (Big sigh.) I love to see kitties stretch. They make it so luxurious.
Ginny Hartzler said…
YIKES, it's a wonder you can even MOVE! As we get older, we need to be more thoughtful about our activities. Gone are the days when we can just throw ourselves into something without thinking about it. Well, this is good news in a way. Maybe it means you will heal with time! And maybe anti-inflamatories?
Ann said…
Well you did an awful lot before it kicked you in the butt so to speak. After the first adventure I probably would have been feeling the pain.
Michelle said…
Keep stretching! I have been in the same position as you. Keep active and stretching those muscles!!!! Thanks for linking up and I hope you continue to heal.

Popular Posts