Stress Walking

Because of what's going on with the Pres, Livy and I have been walk to relieve some of the stress...weather permitting.  It's been cold, sometimes too damp but no snow to speak of...YET.

For instance, while at the Club, I noticed that the beaver has returned.  I say returned because last year, they paid a trapper to come in, set traps and haul the critter away to a new location because of the damage to the trees along the river.  

So now, when I see it's work, I simply smile and wonder if it's the same beaver or if it's a new one.  Personally, I'm on the beaver's side, although I do fully understand why they are not wanted.

Some days when we're out along the water, the Canada Geese fly in, circle and then come in for their landing.  These creatures have very interesting behaviors, which I never had taken notice of.  Winter, for some reason, puts me in a slower, more meditative state.

Watching them paddle along, with each stroke they seem to move their head forward, then back...as if saying stroke, stroke.

We had been to the Club and the water level in the river normal.  The next day, I received an email saying that a drawdown was going to take place to allow work on the dam down river.  Well, to my surprise, the next day when we stoped there on our way home from our walk, the drawdown was well underway.


Hopefully you can see the dramatic difference in the depth of the water (comparing the one with the geese to these 3) although the drawdown had just begun.

Of course, my first thought was the damage to the fish...food for several pairs of Eagles on the river.  

To my surprise, however, the low water levels began to rise two days later.  Here's why.

The company that does the work for the dam, had asked permission to put their boats in at the boat launch at the Club and they got it.

However, what they didn't take into consideration was just how low the water had gotten once they began the drawdown, so they couldn't even launch their special boats and equipment! Dummies, yes.  

And I was glad because it's time for the Eagles to establish their nesting territories...and they need food to support nest building.

And lastly, I leave you with a morning walk Liv and I did...by the light of the moon.


seeing, saying and sharing...

Stress Walking 

Comments

Popular Posts