Is AI Right?

For most of my adult life, I have always wondered WHY, questioning nearly everything.  I always thought it was a problem ever since I was young.  It’s always in the forefront of my mind, regardless of the situation.  

The question was/is always WHY?...not when?...not who?...not where?...not how?...but WHY?  I want to know why that bald eagle is doing what it’s doing. WHY my dog is doing a certain thing, WHY the Pres does what he does and more so than ever...WHY in Heaven's name did I not have one bloom on any of our ten hydrangeas this year?  Yes, you read right... ten...although they're not all in the photo you can see them along the fence, then over to the right.

Guessing that asking WHY has always been the driving force for me and my learning about those things I love.  However, I began to have some self-doubts lately.  So, like just about everyone these days, I turned to technology for some help.  

I'm sure you've heard of AI.  Well, sometimes, I ask AI questions.  If you haven't, you'd be surprised how logical and intelligent the answers/explanations are.  Yes, you guessed it.  I asked AI WHY some people ask WHY.  Discovering that it isn't' a problem at all and it's pretty much a good thing, I moved on.  It was a load off my mind actually because being inquisitive can promote learning and I figured at 75, if I'm still looking to learn that's a good thing!!

Now I just have to find out WHY none of our hydrangeas bloomed.  The Oakleaf did beautifully but not one Big Leaf threw a bloom.  One of my friends told me last year to be sure they got enough water.  Early in the year,  I put down a soaker hose the entire length of the fence where they're located (and yes they get morning sun and afternoon shade).  We had so much rain this Summer that I didn't even have to use the soaker!  I even used special fertilizer to encourage blooming...nothing. They all doubled in size...but no blooms.

So if you have any helpful hints, give me a heads up...PLEASE because according to AI, I did the right thing for them, although AI did tell me that Big Leaf can be finicky bloomers.  I'm actually wondering if the fertilizer I used had too much nitrogen.  That will increase the foliage at the expense of blooms, according to AI.

Meanwhile I did have success with this little beauty, who resides in my East bed.  It literally surprised me this past week!  

This is my Lycoris Radiata, also known as a Resurrection Lily, Surprise Lily and Hurricane Lily because it blooms around hurricane season.  How cool is she?

The foliage (which is dead and gone now) just sort of sits on the soil all Spring and Summer, then dies back.  And the POUFF...just like magic a stalk emerges and days later...SURPRISE!

The stone wall shown below is the next clean-up I'll be doing...UGH!  It goes pretty quickly as all I do is literally cut everything down and haul it away to the woods with the wagon.  The flowers with viable seeds will be have those seeds sprinkled in and around our bird feeders for additional snacking.
As usual, another pic of Livy.  Turning two in December, we've been enjoying our morning walks both solo and when we run into friends.  One of her newest friends is Grace, a Bernese Mountain dog who is such a gentle, loving soul.  Then there's McCoun, an Australian Shepherd.  Livy adores both of them as well as their pet parents.



seeing, saying, sharing...
Is AI Right?

One more thing I just thought of...if AI was right, I wonder WHY AI wasn't in my life sooner?

Comments

Ginny Hartzler said…
Livy is so cute! I have always had a strong curiosity too, and always ask why. Hmmm, I never thought about AI being good for asking questions. I only use it to create images. I need to try that. I usually ask Google.
Ann said…
I only have two hydrangea bushes but I only had 1 bloom between the two. Normally they're loaded. The bigger of the two had nothing on it at all. It looked great though.
I had only one blossom on my hydrangea bush but that's not unexpected. It was planted by previous owners and does not get enough sun, in fact no sun until over in the afternoon. Also, it and the rest of my yard were neglected this year due to medical issues. Hopefully, next year will be better. I may look into moving that hydrangea.

Popular Posts