Moving

Yes, it's a snake.  Just a little one though.  The problem with things like this is simple.  They move.  And they can move quickly.

They slither.  They swim. They coil.  They rest.  They curl up.  They stretch out.  They shed their skin.  

Then there are the birds.  They fly. They sing.  They pick up seeds.  They build nests.  They lay eggs, etc., etc.

Lets face it.  There are a lot of things that move "out there".  

Now that I'm older, I've noticed that the more time I spend outdoors, the more I realize just what I notice first in any situation.

It's movement...motion...call it what you will


Looking at my garden beds, the first thing I noticed was the little winged creature, closing it's wings to settle on the lily.  It was first, the flowers were second.


What did my eyes immediately zoom in on when I looked up at this cell tower?  The metal structure?  No.   The two birds perched on it.  Why?  Because they moved.

The Canada Goose swimming.  The rippling water.  The flotsam and jetsam, now moving near the pond's edge.  At first, I thought it was weird.


As silly as it sounds, I have always loved things that move.  I have no idea why but I have and I do.  

Watching the family of geese swimming, the first thing I picked up on was the movement of their necks as they swam.

Wind chimes that blow in the breeze, whether it be a gently breeze or brisk wind.   Trees that sway and seem to come alive whispering amongst themselves as I walk through them.  Clouds that float overhead opening to let the sun peek through.  

So like I said before, at first I thought it was weird.  Now I think it's just that all these things symbolize LIFE.

Now this one is a riot.  You may think I'm showing you my petunias.  
Do you want to know what I saw first?
Yep, I noticed the FLY first which is why I took the photo.


seeing, saying, and sharing...

Moving

Comments

When I see a snake I pack up and move
Ginny Hartzler said…
Well, the Petunias are beautiful. And now that I have read this, of course movement means LIFE!! And the older we get, the more we need it and want to see it.
Ann said…
I can see how the movement would be what attracts your attention but I'm amazed that with those beautiful petunias you noticed a fly first.
You sure have a variety of wildlife to keep you entertained!

Popular Posts