Fresh...Air, That Is

It was a little smokey for a few days here which affected the air quality, but other than those few days, Livy and I have been walking 2-3 miles a day. Most of the time it's in the early morning, so we can be back home before it gets too warm.

Once home, I work in the garden but I have learned that when I use my little green wagon and put things in it, they don't always make it to their destination.  Yep, as I'm pulling the wagon, Livy grabs something and that's when I find it in the middle of the yard!  After all, she's my helper.

The Dam at Eye Level



My lower bed of Irises looked great this year!  I have a fondness for white in the garden and white the purples mixed in, it was just beautiful!  However, the Irises in the upper bed were a little troubling this Spring.  They've become crowed out by ferns which, of course, grow rampant out here so a lot of them never bloomed.
I've been doing some research on Irises and for my zone it suggests moving the tubers in July.  So, it looks like that's what I'll be doing along with making a new Iris bed altogether because there's no way for me to get rid of the ferns...not with all the spores they have!!


Today I'm leaving you with the peaceful scent of our now spent lilac.  The scent was AMAZING this year from all it's blooms, which are in the process of being cut off.  An interesting thing about my lilac.  I bought a "purple" which is what the tag said, however, the front of the bush blooms purple with hints of white in it's bloom while the back blooms are pure white.  I'm thinking it was grafted.
Whatever it is I love it and sitting next to the Strawberry Bush makes the entire area smell AWESOME!


seeing, saying, sharing...

Fresh...Air, That Is


Livy, the Kid

seeing, saying and sharing...

Fresh...Air, That Is!

Comments

I'm glad you're getting some fresh air, that's always best for walking. Your garden areas are looking really pretty!

Popular Posts