Just Plain Simple

This is what we all need to focus on...everyday, things that make our day!  For instance, just this morning I decided that I wanted a second breakfast.  Hmmm???  I pondered.   Ahhhhh, yes.I'll make toast a la egg!

Getting the frying pan out of the cabinet, grabbing two jumbo eggs and the whole wheat bread for my toast, I turned on the burner, popped the toast in the toaster oven and hit Start.  (The #4 appears on the toast selection and although I don't know exactly what that means, I do know that the toast takes just as long as it does to fry two eggs over easy.)

Cracking one egg, I saw that the yolk immediately broke when it hit the pan!  Bummer I thought.  Then I hit the second egg and to my surprise saw that it was a double yolker...Yeah...it will make up for egg #1!!  Then, for whatever reason, one of the yolks also broke.  So, bottom line was this.

Sure I wanted toast a la egg (which is merely buttered toast served with your over easy egg on top so the toast gets nice and "yolky" as you eat it...something I dreamed up when the kids and I lived in an apartment...ions ago) but ended up with a DOUBLE-EGG SANDWICH.

Wait it gets better...it was way too much food for me so, I cut it in half and gave half to the Pres!!  It made both of us feel good so see it's the simple things that make a good day.

sharing more stuff...

BTW, did you check out the very cool shape on this tree trunk that Livy and I came across?  It reminded me of one of those Capuchin monkeys.  Crazy, but simple!

We walk pretty regularly at this one spot because even though it's surrounded by woods, the trails are nicely maintained.  Plus there are a ton of hills...which is good for the old ticker, you know!

After climbing the hills, my watch says that I've climbed 16 flights of stairs, which isn't too bad for an old lady.  

Most of the time, we hit the trails in the morning because now that it's staying light a little later, I figured I could get my yard work done early in the afternoons.



Livy loves it...every part of it...all the sniffs, the new people we meet and the new dogs too.  You know, the DNA results on her have been super accurate thus far.  

When we pull into the garage, she hops out of the car when I unbuckle her and remove her harness, she immediately goes to the kitchen door...because you know who is waiting on the other side...her sister, Katniss!

And I will say that after doing a few miles out in the fresh air, we are all ready for a nap after lunch.




Comments

Trees, shadows, snoozing critters and a good breakfast, purrfect!
Ginny Hartzler said…
I love how you really make the most from the little joys of life! Like some unexpected egg and toast!
Ann said…
The little things really do make a big difference.
You have described a very good day with a walk outdoors and an afternoon nap, which are two of our favorites. And, the runny egg in toast is also one of my favorite breakfasts, JP.

Popular Posts