More Stuff



Taking these pix when I took Livy out to do her thing, gives you and idea of just how early we're upThe sky is always wide open here on the ridge.  Besides, I've always been fascinated by the stars and constellations.  In fact, way back in 1802 when I was in 8th grade, I had a Science teacher who conducted star gazing on Friday nights at the school's property.  Looking forward to it every week once the weather got cooler, although I don't remember all the names of various constellations, I LOVED it!!

Anyway, when I came across them and decided to share because I thought they were kind of cool.  Maybe I'm loosing it, but it appears as if it's in a huge dark hole, doesn't it?  Of course, IF I were a real photographer, I'm sure I could create even more of a tunnel effect, but, hey, it's me...LOL!

Now I know I told you Livy's birthday was back in December, but I came across this photo too and had to share it.  

We haven't gotten much snow here all Winter, but Mother Nature did grace us with a few inches RIGHT ON LIVY'S BIRTHDAY.  

I never laughed so much just watching her trying to catch snow flakes and then running and trying to shovel it with her muzzle!!  Of course, because she has what I call "accessories" on her face (beard and mustache), the snow stuck. 

Now that I'm looking at the photo, I'm thinking about that little red plaid coat she had on.  We gave it to our neighbors for their Frenchie because Livy is long and slender and it was just way to short on her backside.  Their Frenchie is short and stout so it covers her completely.


Although today here is bitterly cold 12 degrees with wind chills making it feel like -5, this is the first really cold weather in along time.  However, we did get a lot of rain this Winter.  In fact, the top soil we had spread on our lawn in October now looks like the San Andres Faults, don't you think?

The Pres had a local landscaper deliver and spread the top soil so he could then plant grass seed, which he did.  Unfortunately, the seed was put down too late and nothing has germinated.  So it will have to be smoothed out, raked and re-seeded in the Spring.  However, on a good note, the birds have enjoyed all the surface seeds for months and I'm sure will enjoy the seed the Pres is planning on putting down.

By the time, you read this, I'll have taken Livy to a groomer...someone I've never gone to before but was highly recommended.  Meanwhile, if you can open this YouTube Link...think of Livy as you watch and listen.  My BFF thinks Livy looks just like Pluto and to tell you the truth, she does.


seeing, saying, sharing....





 

Comments

Ginny Hartzler said…
Livy is so adrable! I hope the visit to the groomer's goes well. Your sky shots are so spooky, yet beautiful!
I agree, the moon is magical and Happy Birthday sweet Livy!
Ann said…
Livy sure is cute and that video is too adorable.

Popular Posts