Anyway...

We're alive and doing okay!

Actually, although the Pres has had many various doctor's appointments and several tests, he just keeps plugging along, refusing to give in or give up.  This year I learned that the Pres' attitude about his health is what keeps him going...I'm convinced.  The man simply refuses to accept the fact that his heart is failing.

Here it is July already and I can hardly believe so much time has passed since I last sat down and put this laptop on my lap to tell you what's going on.

Do you ever think that sadness can bring your happiness as well?  Well, BELIEVE IT!!

After finding out that the older dog I had my heart set on would not be a good fit (because of aggression issues), I reeled in my search and figured it wasn't time for me to get a dog, even though I'd gone to various rescues, trying to find the "right one."

And then "it" happened.  My BFF told me her brother was fostering pups, followed by "do you want to go take a look?"  She also said, "Remember JP, you get the dog you need not the dog you want."

Agreeing to meet me out there with her husband, I left the house without any expectations especially knowing that the Pres really didn't want to get another dog.  

But, DAMN IT...I wanted a dog!  Ha;f of me said, "listen to the Pres while the other half kept telling me  "I count too!!"  so, off I went.  My new companion is an energetic, life-loving, non-shedding bundle of love.


Meet Olivia...aka "Livy", a 7 month old Boxerpoo (Poodle/Boxer Mix)!  And oh, the adventures we've had!!


Comments

MadSnapper said…
I was suprised to see you pop up. I did not know your husband is ill. you know I love dogs and this one is a doll baby. they are a lot of work but worth it all, she might help you cope and also your hubby. therapy dog is not just a word, it works. keep us posted on your new pup and your hubby.
Ginny Hartzler said…
It is good to see you, what anice surprise! Livy is adorable, and I bet will soon be a close and comforting friend to your husband, despite his views!
Ann said…
So nice to see a post from you today.
I think men in general tend to have the same kind of attitude that the Pres has.
Olivia is adorable. So tell us, what does the Pres think of her. I bet she's won him over already
I don't know why I stopped over to see if you had popped up. I'm so glad I did. Livy looks like a bundle of energy. Between her and Katniss, they'll keep you hopping. Age and illness wait for no man. My DH is doing pretty good heartwise, although with some irregular beats these days. I hope you're still getting out in the kayak and tending to the eagles. So good to "see" you again, JP.
Stewart M said…
The 'the dog you need' line is great: I used to tell kids - just keep reading, you will find the books you need. Maybe its the same thing!

Sorry for the long gap between visits / comments, the last few months have been strange to say the least. Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
As happy as it was to find an updated post, JP, it was bittersweet as well to read about the Pres with his continuing health issues. As you said, he keeps plugging along which is much better than giving in or giving up. I can imagine that this also puts you under a lot of stress. The news about the new pup in your lives was definitely bright spot and Livy looks like a real sweetie. Thanks so much for this update, my blogger friend.

While I admittedly haven’t checked your blog often, I hope you will keep us updated from time to time on what’s been happening and of course include Livy.

Popular Posts