Ups and Downs

Although all of our snow got washed away in the heavy recent rains, a snow squall (or two), stopped by today (Saturday).  The wind was whipping nearly all day making it just down right cold!  Questioning why I was out in the cold and not home where it was warm, I haven't been staying at the river as long as I normally do. 

While I do love Winter and the snow, this year I am ready to move on.  It's time.

As asked, I finally hooked up with the woman who discovered an Eagle's nest in January...just to review the basics of monitoring with her.  It went well...very well.

Yet in the background, a lot was going on and since the past few days have been rather eye opening, and an emotional rollercoaster for me to say the least, I'm going to chillax for a while.

It's such a long story but I'm too heartbroken and exhausted to talk about it.  There was a dog I was interested in...seriously interested in and unfortunately didn't find out certain things until the last minute.  Application withdrawn.  She's not coming.

Anyway, so yes, I am over Winter, feeling down in the dumps, brokenhearted and exhausted and hoping that all those old cliches begin to take hold....time heals all wounds; when one door closes, another opens; take baby steps; there's always hope; never give up; if it's meant to be, it will be; there's always light at the end of the tunnel; etc, etc.

seeing, saying, sharing...

Ups and Downs

Shadow Shot Sunday 2 

Natures Notes 2

The Bird D'Pot

Wild Bird Wednesday

Thankful Thursday 

Image-In-Ing 

Brian's Thankful Thursday 

Welcome To My World 

Skywatch Friday

 

 

Comments

Ginny Hartzler said…
I'm so sorry you have had such a stressful week! You sure need some signs of spring in your life! I love your photo of the square designs in the snow! And the tree with the gorgeous sky background. Blessings...
I sure hope the coming weeks are better for you. I'm ready for spring to show up too!
Ann said…
I won't offer any more cliches just a simple virtual hug.
Sorry about the pup, it's tough when things happen. It looks plenty cold so you can just chill out. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.
You are definitely not alone, JP, in going through the winter blahs along with other disappointments. We came back from a 3-week road trip just in time for an 8-inch snowfall yesterday. Hopefully, better (and warmer) days are ahead for all.
Hi again, JP, just checking in at your blog and wondering if you are still on a long hiatus, which is OK, but sure other folks may be curious too. You are missed and hope all is well.
MadSnapper said…
I just thought of you and came to see how long it had been since you posted. 3 months. Sorry for your broken heart. Hope you are healing and will be back soon...
Rambling Woods said…
I am hoping you are well as you haven't posted in a while...Michelle

Popular Posts