Tracks

One thing I love about snow is that they make tracking a bobcat easy.  I mean really, how could I not?!?!

When I got all dressed the Pres asked where I was headed.  Telling him "just out in the yard to get a little exercise.  I want to see what was in the yard last night.  There are tracks EVERYWHERE and I'm curious."  So off I went.

Going out through the slider, I could clearly see the cat's tracks right from the stairs leading down into the yard.  But wait, the angle wasn't right.  Immediately thinking it had come from under the deck, I listened carefully...just in case it was beneath me.  Nope...all good.  What I did discover though after following it's complete path, the tracks under the deck is where it went after walking along the East side of the house.  I mean it made the "rounds"!!



I followed it's tracks around our entire yard and when I got all the way to the fence-line that runs along the gravel road.  There, I could see that it slipped between the slats and the tracks continued across the gravel road disappearing into the now freeze-dried herbaceaous growth.

Measuring the distance in it's stride, I can honestly say it was a decent size bobcat too!! 






seeing, saying, sharing...

Shadow Shot Sunday 2 

Comments

Ginny Hartzler said…
I am totally impressed that you know what kind of tracks these are! And a bobcat, wow! I believe they are compared to ghost cats, and seldom seen.
Ann said…
Hmm, don't know how I would feel about a bobcat checking out my house like that.
Dang, and I thought coyotes were bad visitors!

Popular Posts