Ice Walking

When Mother Nature blessed us with an ice storm, rather than using my YakTrax, which I love and have used for years, I decided to give my Stabillicers Ice Traction Cleats a whirl.  They are amazing!!

Although taking Tai Chi has helped me overcome my fear of walking on icy surfaces, I take no chances.  (You know, old age/brittle bones...)

To get the newspaper, mail and/or take the garbage bins down to the road, it's only about 3/4 of a mile round trip but it's DOWNHILL.  Besides that the majority of our road is always in the shade, compounding matters.

seeing, saying, sharing...

Welcome To My World 


Comments

Ann said…
Oh those look like they would work really well on ice
Ginny Hartzler said…
These look awesome! But you should still be very careful!
Those are sure lifesavers, our Dad had some when he lived in WV.
We also have those slip on cleats which was one of our earlier purchases after relocating to NH. While we haven’t used them the past couple of years, they remain in our closest for those “just in case” days. And, you are right about not needing to take chances…at any age, JP.
betty-NZ said…
My, you sure are brave!

Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

Popular Posts