A Real Treat

I finally found a cat treat that Katniss likes!!   Trying various bags of "cat treats" had been a complete failure up until recently.  Now, every morning as I prepare her wet food and freshen up her dry, I take three treats out of the bag.  I don't let her see me do this because I want it to be a surprise...you know...a real treat!

Ever since she was a kitten, I've always added a little water to her wet food, making a thin gravy.  My Vet told me that I was smart to add additional water because a lot of cats don't like it.  My daughter's cat, on the other hand, jump up to the bathroom sink and drinks right from it as it's dripping!  

Placing her treats inside her kitty carrier (known as her "house"), she walks into the room and peeks through the screen sides.  Once she spots her snacks, she gobbles them up!!

Although I'm not sure if you're also experiencing a shortage of cat food in your area, but we are.  The Pres located a bag of the dry food for Katniss, although we'd been unable to find her wet food ANYWHERE!  My daughter couldn't find her cat's dry in RI so I told her ince they work we'd look here.

This morning, after I came home from the river, I ate breakfast, warmed up and changed my clothes before I headed out in search of cat food for our family felines.  Meanwhile, speaking with my son who works for a food distributor here in the Northeast, he suggested Target.  Off I went.  I was so happy to come home with two cases of 24 of food that Katniss eats, 2 bags of her kitty litter, and a 20 lb bag of dry for Lincoln (my daughter's cat).

seeing, saying, sharing with...

Brian's Thankful Thursday 

Thankful Thursday 

Comments

Not only is the treat thing wonderful, you really socored on finding the cat food too. There isn't any that we use here in SC so we're search the internet several times a day. If we search often enough we find it right when it comes into stock. It's a real pain but we do it. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!
Sandee said…
I'm glad you scored at Target. Your kitty is too.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. ♥
Ann said…
I don't know about cat food here but it seems that Walmart is frequently low on the canned food I buy for Gibbs. Have you thought about ordering from Chewy.com? They have really fast delivery and you can even set up a schedule to have things auto shipped..
pilch92 said…
Katniss is a beautiful girl. I am in western Mass. and have had a hard time finding cat food too, but our local pet store ended up having some- it was more money, but worth it to keep the cats happy.
Michelle said…
Glad you were able to find some food. I have had a hard time as well. Katniss is looking very serious :) Thanks for linking up.

Popular Posts