Winter's Lessons


It was cold...bitterly cold.  The winds picked up.  The snow had been falling since the night before.  The gusts of wind made the snow blow sideways and working out in it was brutal.  I kept thinking about everything that lives outside and has to survive this brutal cold and about the lost dog that a nearby neighbor had posted.  I wondered if it would make it...if it would be found in time.  Animals are resilient.  We need to learn from them about resiliency...about survival.

Before the Pres began plowing the gravel road and ours and the two neighbors driveways, he asked me if I wanted to run the snowblower.  While I went in to get dressed, he started the snowblower for me, saving me some "standing still time" out in the cold.  

Yes, those are the thoughts that kept me going when I was running the snowblower as I tried to shield my face from the cold snow blowing in my face.  While dressing in layers proved to do the trick, I couldn't "fluff up my feathers" like the birds do.  While I couldn't lower by body temperature like the birds do to conserve energy, I just kept moving.  Remaining stationary was not an option.   The only thing I could have done better was wear a face mask.  Maybe next time.

 seeing, saying, sharing...

Winter's Lessons

Our World Tuesday 

Natures Notes 2 


 


 

Comments

Ann said…
When the temps get like that I always think about the animals that live outside as well.
Rambling Woods said…
I love bluebirds....stay warm....Michelle

Popular Posts