River-View

Large portions of the river are now frozen so my river-view has become very limited to say the least.

Leaving the Club after 45 minutes out in the cold and not seeing anything, my gut instinct told me not to go home...YET.  

Walking along the frozen river, and peeking into the frozen coves, I kept on asking myself questions:  Where are they?  WHY aren't they here?  WHY don't I hear them?  WHY didn't I see one heading down river yet?

Then I thought, Where do they fish?

Having very limited access to open water down river and since I hadn't seen either of the pair head South, I decided to head North to a location where I've seen an adult on more than one occasion.  

Seeing a rather unusual elongated shaped "blob" at one of the dead tree that overlooks the river's open water, I pulled over to take a peek.  The "blob" was the pair...perched together, one sitting a little higher (typical behavior) so I knew it was "the pair".


seeing, saying, sharing...

River-View

Natures Notes 2 

Wild Bird Wednesday 

The Bird D'Pot 


Comments

Ginny Hartzler said…
Hurrah, at least they ae alive! I wonder how they are faring, guess there is no way to know.
Hootin Anni said…
You discovered them!!

Thanks for linking in at
I'd Rather B Birdin'
Lovely to follow eagles (live and in person). Here in SW Florida we watch a nest both live and on nest cams. Our pair is warmer (as are we). It is interesting to wonder why and how the same species ends up in different climates! (I guess that goes for humans as well as Eagles ).

Popular Posts