January is EAGLE MONTH


Seeing the pair continuing their nest work this particular morning was exciting. Grateful that they did not build elsewhere, I am hoping that 2022 will be a good season for them. 

So many nests were destroyed in 2021 forcing the pairs to rebuild.  In fact, I stopped at another nest site yesterday and the property owners told me that the new nest "looks like just a pile of sticks compared to the old one."

Explaining to her that that's pretty much what they look like year one, I pulled out my cell phone to show her another "new" nest.  

It was located primarily by searching the ground for their "whitewash" because looking up, it sure doesn't look like it will even hold one Eagle, let alone a family!

Then, while tracking the pair that built that nest, I was fortunate enough to watch this guy checking out it's favorite fishing spots.

Our "Eagle Survey" is this weekend.  My team is ready and bought in to my plan (both observations and travel) for covering 5 locations in the 4 hour time frame.  Of course, Mother Nature is supposed to give us some "white stuff" on Friday which will make it even more interesting.  

Remember to save the date:  January 10th is National Eagle Day

 

seeing, saying, sharing...

January is EAGLE MONTH

The Bird D'Pot 

 Wild Bird Wednesday








Comments

Ginny Hartzler said…
How awesome that you still have so many eagles and nests! How long do you think it takes a pair to build a complete nest?
Ann said…
Sounds like you've got a busy weekend ahead.
They are so beautiful and always such a joy to see.

Popular Posts