The Jump

Just as we were heading down the gravel road, I saw a pickup truck parked on the left.  I said to the Pres, I think you should stop and ask them why they're parked there near our driveway, don't you?

Reluctantly he came to a stop, rolled down his window and said to the two men inside, What's going on boys?  The man on the passenger side got out of the truck and told us, his son (the driver) is rebuilding this old truck and we needed to take it for a test drive but it stalled and now the battery is dead.  The Pres then asked if they wanted a jump and headed toward the back of his pickup for the cables.

Leaning toward the open window, the man then told me that he's good buddies with the folks around the corner.  I said, Oh you mean...oh what's his name?...Joe, what's the nice kid's name that lives in the white house?  I intentionally "forgot" his name to see if the man would spit it out and he did, so I knew they were legit.

seeing, saying, sharing...

The Jump

Skywatch Friday 

Weekend Reflection 

Comments

It's very wise to play it smart these days.
Unfortunately, you have to be very careful these days. That was quick thinking on your part!
Ann said…
A good deed done by helping them out and good investigative work on your part.

Popular Posts