Swagless

Every year for the past twenty five years or so, we have always hung an evergreen swag beneath all the windows on the house wherever we lived.

Last year when I took them down, I told the Pres those most recently purchased were falling apart.  We agreed we would "toss 'em" and pick up something new for this Christmas.

So, the large bin sat EMPTY on the shelf all year and quite honestly we forgot that we threw them away!  When it came time to put up the decorations outside the house, I pointed to the bins that we would need and the decorating started.

Oh sure, the hand-made wooden snowman was put up right where he belonged, welcoming people as they'd arrive.  While I worked inside, the Pres worked outside.  He hung the artificial wreaths on the fence coming up the gravel road and on his garage, came in and told me to go outside and check it out.  

Hearing him say that he was done, I thought he finished awfully fast for someone who moves so slowly yet I continued to wander room to room decorating.  

The next morning, when I came back from the river, I drove slowly up the gravel road so I could take a close look at Christmas.  But wait, something was wrong.  A large portion of the lights hung on the pergola were not working and where were the swags???  YIKES!  We threw them out!!  The house was virtually naked.

Then I dug out a picture of the house with the swags and compared it to what we did this year.  When we looked at it, there was no comparison.  From now on, we're doing wreaths.  They seem to make the house come alive!!

As for the lights that were out on the pergola, the Pres had an easy solution for that.  He went out and bought all new lights, took down the old ones, put up the new ones and said, "I'll fix them when I have time."

I'm still laughing about that because they are still sitting in a bucket in the garage ever since he took them down!!  And trust me, he hasn't been busy.



 seeing, saying, sharing...

Swagless

Welcome to My World

Comments

Ann said…
Your house looks very festive. I've always liked houses that had wreaths hung on them.
Everything sure looks pretty and your house is beautiful!

Popular Posts