COVID Weight??

Having a little bit of snow this past week immediately put me in Winter mode.  The following morning, out the kitchen window, sitting on the Pres' nut trees, was a very plump male Cardinal.  Chuckling to myself as I continued to prepare for Christmas, I remembered what someone recently said to me.

Verifying information that I had completed previously, the gentleman said, "Your weight?...your COVID weight?"
 
Wondering if I looked a little plump that morning, chuckling I answered with a smirk, "Let's add 3 lbs to that."  
 
We all know that in cold weather, birds fluff out their feathers, creating air pockets for added insulation, making them appear plump, so why can't I???
 
 
 
seeing, saying, sharing...
 
COVID Weight??
 
 

Comments

Covid weight?!?! Our Dad has Chocolate weight!
Ginny Hartzler said…
They are a pair! I have never heard of Covid weight. I suppose a human's version of fluffed feathers would be goosebumps?
Ann said…
That is a plum looking Cardinal. I love seeing them in winter. That splash of red against an otherwise dreary landscape always makes me smile.








MadSnapper said…
they are so pretty against the snow and i like seeing birds fluff up. i have friend here that have covid weight problems, but my low fodmap diet has me 10 pounds less since the dreaded pandemic. if I eat the wrong thing i get sick
Your reasoning sounds perfectly valid to me, JP.

Popular Posts