Baking Binge

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip
Although I'm not sure what got into me, I decided to do a little baking in preparation for Christmas.  The cookies I made for Thanksgiving were a big hit even though I wasn't fond of the way they looked, so perhaps that's what sparked my ambition.

Thus far I've made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Balls, Ginger Crinkles, Oatmeal Raisin, and Midnight Espresso Crinkles with Italian Drops on the horizon.  That's the list as of this week.  Who knows what I'll end up doing because now I'm thinking about some Orange Delight sandwich cookies.  Then just the other day, he Pres mentioned something about a carrot cake so I'll see just how ambitious I feel.

Each time I use the mixer the Pres bought me twenty years ago, I tell him how AWESOME it is.  Making mixing so easy and effortless, it still runs like a charm.  I wonder how many dozens of cookies, cakes, pies and cupcakes this gem has whipped up!!

Ginger Crinkles

Knowing that I'll be making everyone crab salad and my cheese-ball a few days before Christmas, I wanted to get the cookies out of the way, so I picked up a few more cookie bags the other day.  Concerned about storing them, the Pres suggested that I use the shelf in the garage until "bagging day."



seeing, saying, sharing...

Baking Binge

Our World Tuesday

Image-In-ing 

Thankful Thursday 

And truthfully, Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without my Italian Drops (anise flavored this year)



Comments

Ann said…
YUM!!! I didn't do any baking and have no plans to. With my current diet I really don't want the temptation in the house.
Tis the season to eat jolly!!!
Shiju Sugunan said…
Looks delish! Wish I could have some :))

Popular Posts