Finding Sunrise


There it was...right in front of me...happening right before my very eyes and it was AWESOME to see.  As you can see, I just couldn't stop taking pix.  Yes, I was determined to find sunrise beneath all the fog that morning.

Knowing that the sun warms the air during the day and at night, the air cools, I planned on heading out early.  Well, it just so happened that the evening before I went to the river, it was VERY cool.   Hence, lots of fog.  Then I just waited...and waited for the sunrise to show it's face.  You see, it simple, the cooled evening air becomes"a cloud" over the warm ground, creating the fog in the morning.  It is especially common especially near rivers and in low-lying areas. 
Blue skies were on the horizon for the rest of the day, once all the fog burned off, thanks to the Sun.

 

seeing, saying, sharing...

Finding Sunrise

Nature Notes 2


Comments

Ann said…
Love these pictures. There's just something about fog that makes everything look rather mystical.
Those are all such beautiful photos. Any of them would look wonderful on canvas!
Phil Slade said…
You're right of course. Once the sun breaks through the fog there can be some great photo opportunities. However if no sun it's just not the same.
MadSnapper said…
the fog makes it even prettier, i love these
Lydia C. Lee said…
That's so beautiful!! Really great shots!
Rambling Woods said…
Beautiful and I rarely am up to see one. I am a night owl. Thank you for caring my friend.....hug..Michelle

Popular Posts