Cooped Up

When I was cooped up and couldn't walk for long distances, I said to the Pres one sunny afternoon, "I think I'm going to mow ONE MORE TIME.  What do you think?"

HIM:  "Hey, you do what you want but it doesn't need it, although the mulching blades are on so you could run over all the leaves if you feel like it."

At least it would get me out of the house, I thought.  And it wasn't like I was walking putting any strain on my thigh.  I'd be riding Lucy June, which as you can see had to have a good cleaning when I was done.  I go in, get the Pres.  He lifts her up, I stick the board under the frame, then use the hoe to scrape off all the "gunk."

However, after I mowed, I ran into one small problem.  When I went to open the garage door...my garage door...to put the hoe and blower away, it would only go up about 12" then stop.  It had just worked when I went out to mow, so why not now???  Asking the Pres to come see what's wrong with it was the easy part but hearing the answer was not so good. 

The door which is an 8' by 15' cannot be lifted up manually because of it's size.  It's far too heavy...even for both of us.  He told me the spring on the door which is housed inside a tube along the top width was "shot".  Nothing was wrong with the opener.  That would have been much easier to repair.

Yep.  Phone call to our builder (who thank goodness we are good friends with), who gave the name of the installer.  He was called and we were told that he'll look around for a spring for a 15 footer BUT if he has to order it could take weeks.YIKES!  My car...the car that takes me EVERYWARE is stuck in the garage!!!

seeing, saying, sharing...

Cooped Up...to be continued

Welcome To My World




Comments

MadSnapper said…
the same thing happened to us, and both our vehicles were trapped inside. we live in the city, so a phone call got help that same day, but that was a few years ago and no troulbe getting parts. he did say if needed he could jack it up and make it stay up all the time. hope yours is repaired soon....
betty-NZ said…
Oh, dear, those unexpected things are always around the corner, aren't they!?

Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

Popular Posts