Before and After

 Guessing that you can figure out which was the "before" and what was the "after", I won't elaborate.  What I will say is that Thanksgiving 2021 was so much fun this year!  I really tried to plan ahead to make it less work for myself the day of.  All in all, it was definitely time well-spent.    

There's just not enough room on the table for food which simply means everyone takes their dinner plate from their traditional place setting, heads into the kitchen and proceeds to fill 'er up with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, turnips, corn, green bean casserole, biscuits, pickled beets and onions, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole and an amazing tossed salad with pecans and cranberries made by my DIL each year.  They take what they want, don't have to pass things around...it's so much easier.

Desserts included cheesecake (store bought), pumpkin pie, chocolate pumpkin swirl pound cake, pistachio surprise, homemade "Fall motif" cookies, and a batch of Rice Krispie squares (for snacks after Thanksgiving).  

Yes, everyone took home leftovers and a whole pumpkin pie for their household.  Although I got shots of the "before" and a quick shot of desserts, I forgot to take a pic of all the food when it was out buffet style in the kitchen!!  What a ding-dong.  Oh well, maybe next year...:(  

Writing this, it just dawned on me that I also didn't take a pic of the "apps"  My daughter brought a huge charcuterie board filled with amazing fruits, cheeses and meats to go along with my deviled eggs.

One thing I will leave you with now that I see the load of dirty dishes which really is so unattractive.  Today's lesson is simple:

dirty dishes mean you ate food

seeing, saying, and sharing...
Before and After

Comments

Ann said…
Sounds like it was a delicious day. The dishes are the worst part of thanksgiving.
NCSue said…
We're still eating leftovers but had a wonderful meal... and wonderful leftovers!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/11/old-mill-of-guilford.html
That all looks fabulous and leftovers are a bonus of the day!
Ginny Hartzler said…
It is so lovely, it all looks wonderful!!!

Popular Posts