Autumnal Welcome

Appearing in the doorway, my granddaughter caught my attention.  She was heading out with her Mom for a few hours while I was keeping an eye on my son and the Pres.  They were climbing ladders, up on the roof and working on gutters.

Pointing her index finger toward their pergola's ceiling which is covered with a climbing vine, she calmly said,  'Nana, watch out for orbing spiders.  They build here all the time."  

ME:  "orbing what?"

Smiling, my granddaughter said, "spiders" before turning and walking into the garage to catch up with her Mom..

Wondering WHAT she was talking about, I immediately consulted Google.  Oh yes, indeed it turns out that they are not just at his house!  This "fella" is outside my front door.  (Look closely to see the faint web in the pic.)Oh, and one more thing.  If you happen to come by, go around the back...LOL!!

seeing, saying, and sharing...

Autumnal Welcome

with you and 

Saturday Critters



Comments

Ann said…
I get those around here too. They almost always have a web going around the front of my house.
MadSnapper said…
we have them also and we have dozens of star spiders and almost every day i walk through a web and have instant heebie jeebies trying to see if the spider is on me... right now there are 2 on our front porch.. also 3 wasp nests, i have to get bob to get all of it down. thanks for the reminder.
eileeninmd said…
Hello JP,

Neat photo. I see the orb spiders here too. I leave them alone, unless their web is in my way! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a great day and a happy new week!

Popular Posts