An Open Window (10/19)

On one of my more recent excursions into the woods, I found navigating the trail a little difficult.  Why?  There was NO trail.  Over the years...four to be exact...the trail was overgrown with Japanese barberry, and many fallen trees.  Not huge trees, but rather smaller young trees (that a forest needs) that toppled from the weight of the barberry strangling them.  

It was a disaster and I wondered if I could recruit the Pres a few days when the cooler weather arrives to bring in his chain saw and help me open the trail back up.  I'll try that route...maybe.

But then, right off to the side I spotted "an open window".  All I had to do was bend over, climb over the downed tree, and scoot between the branches and it was literally a shortcut home!  You see it, right?

seeing, saying, sharing...

An Open Window

My Corner of the World

Our World Tuesday


Comments

Ann said…
Well how about that. It was your lucky day.
Inger said…
It's good to see you, j.p. You have some fabulous woods to hike around in.
MadSnapper said…
thanks for the link to your new blog. yes I see it and hope hubby will get it clear for you. winter will clear it a little I think
betty-NZ said…
It's amazing what four years will do to a trail :) I know it will be worth any trouble the Pres goes to to help clear it.

Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!
Glad you were able to find that "window" JP and yes, it would be nice to have those trees cleared and hope the Pres will help out.

Popular Posts