Remembering

The Pres worked that day...days.  So did I...at the bank, on the road, and, in fact, was at what was then my Woodbridge Office.  The staff called me into the break room when the first tower was hit at 9:59 am.  Like millions of others, we watched in silence and disbelief the horror, tragedy unfold before our eyes.

When "it" happened, it was traumatic for both of us, yet we both had responsibilities to fulfill.  

When we got home, the Pres told me that we had to head down to the Chief's Office ASAP.   On the way, he told me that he was going to put his name on the list of volunteers to go to New York City.  He wasn't one of the chosen.

We...neither of us...will ever forget.  "Remembering it" never disappears.

seeing, saying, sharing...

Remembering


Comments

Popular Posts