Hurricane Warnings

 
This may not look like much to you however....

As the local weathermen were predicting the rain totals for our area once Hurricane Ida passed through, I told the Pres I was going out to get a rain gauge.  In the past, I always placed a container of some sort out on the lawn, then measured it the next day.  Yet this year was super important...now that lawn care has become my responsibility.  I wanted to see just how much rain our lawn would get.

Speaking of lawn care, I have to digress before I go on any further.  Talking to my daughter on her commute to work one morning, she said, "You know Mom, you have probably taken some of Joey's fun away by cutting the grass."

ME:  "Really?  Gosh Babe, I didn't mean to do that.  Now I feel really bad.  Maybe I should ask him."

An hour later, I went upstairs.  There sat the Pres in his recliner, orange juice at his side.

ME:  "Hon, I have to ask you something.  Jennifer and I were having a conversation this morning and she said that by me mowing the grass, I have taken away your fun.  Did I?"

HIM:  Tossing his head back into the chair and smiling (almost chuckling), he said, "Trust me, you have not taken away my fun.  YOU can cut the grass as much as you want!"

Anyway, so Ida came through our area and yes indeed, that rain gauge worked perfectly.  Considering I put it out at 2:30 pm, when it had been raining the entire day while I was out looking for a blooming gauge, we ended up with 6 inches of the good stuff!

Oh, one more thing.  In addition to listening to the local weathermen, I paid attention to Katniss' behavior.  As the storm got closer, the sun came out and everything was still outside.  I watched her relocate from gazing out the slider up onto the DR table located in the center of the house.  Shortly thereafter, the wind and rain began and didn't let up for hours!

seeing, saying, sharing...

Hurricane Warnings

Brian's Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday

We lost NO trees, NO branches and because we're on a ridge, we had NO water damage.

Comments

Popular Posts