Eyes Wide Open


Driving up the gravel road after my early morning visit to the Club, I spotted the hawk watching and waiting for it's prey.   Do you realize that accipiters such as this "forest hawk" have long tails and short wingspans for navigating in among the trees?  Unfortunately, these hawks love our bird feeders...:(

By the time I went to the Post Office, got home and ate breakfast, the sun was out and the butterfly bush was busy with it's Fall sippers....getting ready to migrate just like the Hummingbirds that I was surprised to see just this week!



I've also noticed a lot of yellow jackets buzzing around.  When I'm riding Lucy June and approach an area where I always see, I increase my speed and duck, hoping they won't follow me...LOL!

seeing, saying, sharing...

Eye Wide Open




Comments

Popular Posts