Drawdown Project Moving Slowly

Guessing that the work at the dam is much more than anticipated, I check on the river a few times a week.  The work was supposed to be completed by the 17th of September yet as you can see, the river has not even begun to flow at it's normal rate.  The impact on wildlife that lives along the river is also noticeable.  This morning I saw what I think may have been common Sandpipers.  They sure sounded like them!  Trails of deer hoof prints are everywhere on the spongy earth which is no surprise because of the surrounding habitat.

The long exposed riverbanks and coves have begun to turn green with fine blades of grass.   In fact, Monday my friend and I walked up river after he returned from an early morning of fishing.  I got there before 6:30 am and he was already up river to get an early start fishing.  

He didn't even other taking his waders off.  We just began our trek towards the cove although we did not go in all the way because the ground began to feel like we were walking on a trampoline.

He and I are planning a trek into the woods beyond the cove once the deciduous trees shed their leaves later in the Fall to look for that nest.  Our destination is in and around those dead pines towering in the distance.  I'm now in the process of getting permission to trespass on the owner's property which means I'll go in from the woods on the ridge and work my way down.  Fingers crossed!!

The concern is that hunting season just began here on 09/15 for bow.  Already wearing my orange vest daily, rifle and shotgun open later...around the same time we'd be going in.  


seeing, saying, and sharing...

Drawdown Project Moving Slowly

Comments

Popular Posts