Do Tell


Here's yet another story about something that happened to me while I was staying at my son's....

Packing my clothes was the easy part.  Packing a few snacks required a bit more thought and I decided, since I always like something chocolate at some point during my day, I'd keep it simple and bring a Hot Cocoa K-Cup.  

My FIRST day on duty watching Harley, I was ready for my "chocolate fix."  Heading to the kitchen and right over to the fancier coffee maker than mine, I lifted the handle, and inserted the hot cocoa k-cup.  Adding more water to the reservoir, the machine was ready to roll.  Since it's programable, I pressed the button and the heating message appeared.  (Although it seemed to take forever, I'm sure that's because I really wanted my chocolate snack).  Finally when the screen read ready, I selected the ounce size and went to push down the handle.

Nope.  It wouldn't go down.  I pushed and pushed and it just wouldn't go down onto the k-cup.  Fast forward to that first night and once in bed, I just couldn't fall asleep.  Feeling like and thinking that I had broken their expensive machine, I tossed and turned all night.  After all, when you're at someone else's house, you are responsible for their things, right?  Even though you're related, character and reputation always matter, right?

Deciding that my plan in the morning would be simple...get up, get dressed, stop and get myself a coffee at a nearby drive-thru, then hit the closest store to buy them a new machine.  Once the plan was in my head, I finally fell asleep with Harley Jean at my side.  Well...

The next morning after feeding Harley, I went outside with her when she went out to do her business and while she was busy, my gut told me to ask Google about the machine being stuck.  Well, don't you know, a video appeared and as the man described what to do, I didn't even wait until he was done.  I ran into the house, did what he said and BOOM, it worked!!  

seeing, saying, sharing...

Do Tell

Weekend Reflection


Comments

Popular Posts