The Takeover

(Look closely, it's hard to see in the shadows directly under the roof.)

Way back in the Spring, a beautiful pair of Eastern Bluebirds had staked out this nesting box.  In fact some of you had commented that when they had the babies, I could do another post.  Well, life isn't always easy...not when it comes to pushy little Wrens.  

The pair drove off the Bluebirds and took over the box.  Not only did the noisy, pushy Wrens drive off the Bluebirds, they got downright noisy and pushy whenever I walked within feet of Strawberry Bush on one side and the Viburnum on the other.  The only time I didn't "hear" from them was when I was riding Lucy June near them!  

The day I went down there with my camera, I was hoping to get a glimpse of the little ones but had no luck.  The adults were just doing "door to door deliveries" to the hungry nestlings, and I might add were very vocal as I approached and until I headed back to the house.


seeing, saying, sharing...

The Takeover

with

 

Comments

Popular Posts