Summer's Farewell

Since it is already nearing the end of August and stores are promoting school supplies, I kept thinking it can't be...it just can't be the end of Summer.  The temps certainly are still very Summer-like...hot and humid...and with tropical storm Henri heading up the East Coast and due to arrive Sunday, it certainly still feels like Summer.  Quite honestly I'm still in Summer mode.  Heck I haven't even gone to the beach yet!  Writing this while in front of TV, a commercial just said, "With Summer soon coming to an end, blah, blah, blah" so I guess it must be true.

All the marigold seed I planted in the Spring has produced bundles and bundles of color tucked here and there around the yard which certainly is refreshing with their Fall-like colors.


Even when I went out the other evening, I spotted the geese taking their evening paddle a little earlier than they had been all Summer.  The sun is setting earlier and it isn't as light when I head out at 5 am either.  So, yep, according to Mother Nature, I guess it's time.

seeing, saying, sharing...

Summer's Farewell

with you and

Saturday Critters

Comments

Popular Posts