Heading Home


When I left in the morning, I had all intentions of going to one of my favorite spots.  Yet something told me to come here instead.  

Not long into my "voyage" I picked up a hitchhiker...a damselfly, who rode with me almost the entire way.  Easy to paddle in the calm water, and surrounded by the quiet serenity, I knew I'd made the right decision.

Breaking the silence, the fish jumped all around me, followed by the sound of the Kingfisher's call resonating along the river as I paddled.  About an hour later, the Blue Heron spoke up, as did an Osprey (probably from one of my nests) and of course, a juvenile Bald Eagle (possibly from the pair I'm looking for).


I even decided to get an up close and personal with the often seen in the distance wishbone that is positioned on the peninsula near one of the coves.

It was a perfect day to paddle...overcast, an occasional breeze and not a sole in sight.  A perfect long awaited day KAYAKING...WOOT! WOOT!  And to make it even better, I'm going again tomorrow!

seeing, saying, sharing...

Heading Home

with

Thankful Thursday

Weekend Relfections

Skywatch Friday

Comments

Popular Posts