Beautiful Babies

 
Snipping off the spent blooms as I watched the multitude of butterflies and hummingbird moths land and sip, I finally caved and went in for the camera.

Our butterfly bushes were given to us by one of our neighbors who was trying to reduce the size of the garden.  In the Spring, the Pres and I went over and dug some of the "little" ones.  We now have purple and pink and all I know is the critters love them as well as the American Goldfinch.

I had never seen the Goldfinch nibble on the seed heads before.  It probably is because of having no feeders (seed and/or liquid hummingbird) up for them.  Our DEEP and Local Audubon did report that three dead birds were found in CT recommending that the feeders stay down all through August as well.


seeing, saying, sharing...

Beautiful Babies

with you and 

Saturday Critters




Comments

Popular Posts