The Golden Dragonfly

Just as I was about to open the garage door and go into the house, I spotted an absolutely beautiful dragonfly in the upper perennial bed.  My mind raced and thought I wonder if I could get the camera before it disappears.  Well, as you can see, I made it back to the walkway that borders the flower bed to get a shot or two.

It sparkled in the sunlight and although I've seen tons of dragonflies in our yard, I have never seen one this color.  It's wings were nearly translucent and sparkled as it flew yet once it landed the green tint was picked up from the Iris, while it's body was golden.

Did you know....

"Dragonflies can be a symbol of one's self that comes with maturity.  They can symbolize going past self created illusions that limit our growth and ability to change.  The Dragonfly has been a symbol of happiness, new beginnings, and change for many centuries.  The Dragonfly means hope, change, and love.  It teaches us to love life, to rejoice, and have faith even amidst difficulties."

seeing, saying, sharing...

The Golden Dragonfly

Saturday Critters

Comments

Popular Posts