It Was A Good Day


Arriving at the Lake early, I didn't even see any fishermen out yet.  The Canada geese were gathering at their usual spot to head in to the water as I set up my tripod.  Although I'm not sure of the hours my fellow birders prefer, getting here this early for me is good because I am typically done long before the morning sun begins to heat things up.

seeing, saying, sharing...

It Was A Good Day

Most importantly...the chick at this location fledged successfully too!  I cannot wait to find out what our totals are for 2021 as according to feedback I'm getting, ALL juveniles fledged successfully from all our nests with the exception of one.   That nest fell down with two chicks before they even "branched."  Statistically, only 50% of successful fledglings make it to the age of five.

Comments

Popular Posts