Atypical or Not??

8 wks (06/18/21)

Last week when I opened the email, and read it, I responded immediately saying that I was more than willing to help.  I was told about an "active" Eagle nest that had been reported by one of the local fisherman.  Of course I'll go out there to investigate!!  That morning, after I went my regular nest to see if the chick had fledged, I took a ride.  Curiosity had gotten to me once again.

Sure enough, in the woods between two lakes about 1.5 miles apart, there was a shallow nest on top of the cell tower and in it was one CHICK.  Based on it's behavior that morning and subsequent visits, it is about 8-10 wks old and should be also fledging soon.

Meanwhile, when I went back to my nest today from 6:12 am-7:15 am (07/03/21), there was no sign of my chick.  The adult male was finishing breakfast which means, I've got to get there earlier tomorrow morning.  It's going to be a great 4th of July...Independence Day, our anniversary (34 yrs) and knowing that my chick fledged successfully and have another fledging soon!!


seeing, saying, sharing...

Atypical or Not??



HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH!! 




Comments

Popular Posts