Anytime Is Soon


No kayaking for me last week.  Although I was looking forward to the Sunset Paddle, when the Pres got home Monday afternoon, he said, "Hey, I need to borrow your car tonight.  I have a meeting at the Club."

ME:  "Hon, I'm supposed to be going on a sunset paddle tonight.  I told you about it for a month.  Maybe I can give you a ride and then you can get a ride home.  What time will you be done?"

HIM:  "about 8:15 pm but I can't fit in your car with the kayak in it."

ME:  "How about if I unload my kayak, drop you early, come home, and reload my kayak?  You'd have to come pick me up after nine though."

The look on his face wasn't a good one which meant he didn't like the idea of me dropping him early which would leave him at the Club with no one around to chat and no food to eat.

ME:  "Or how about this?  You drop me off?"

That idea wasn't a good one either.  You see, if he drove me to my kayak destination, dropped me off, then I (and my kayak) wouldn't be able to get home.  It would be well after dark so waiting alone wouldn't have been a smart thing to do.

ME:  "Okay, I'll text Bill and tell him I can't make it."

A short time later he left with my car and I was home.  Later that night when I got in bed I said to myself,  "You did the right thing.  Besides, you can go kayaking anytime.  I think I'll go next week.  Night."


seeing, saying, sharing...

Anytime Is Soon

Brian's Thankful Thursday


Comments

Popular Posts