Return Of The Reds

Last year I noticed that while we had a few gray squirrels bouncing around entertaining me with their boundless energy, I didn't see any red squirrels near the feeders.  Things such as this run in cycles, if you ever noticed.  For the past two years, we were inundated with rabbits.  This year, we have none.  

Of course, the number of predators is directly linked to the population of small ground critters such as rabbits, birds, moles, voles, chipmonks and squirrels.  Nearly every morning, my resident red fox trots through the yard.  It's always going or coming from it's nearby den and since the hunting here is plentiful, I doubt it will relocate anytime soon. 

Much to my surprise, this year the red squirrels are back which I enjoy so much.  Their antics and lunacy is something I really like to see.  They are bold and brazen and think nothing of telling you off when you're  a little too close to "their" space.


seeing, saying, sharing...

Return Of The Reds





Comments

Popular Posts