In HOT Water


Receiving my copy of a publication produced by one of the organizations I do volunteer work for, I began reading the articles.  Turning the pages, I read the article entitled "Our Future Depends on Pollinators" followed by facts about pollinators, bees and attracting pollinators.  When I turned the next page, I was totally taken in for there was an article entitled "Volunteer Spotlight" and it was about ME!  Reading it, I swelled up with pride and felt good.  Such kind words formed the sentences and paragraphs, I couldn't wait to share it.

Taking the member magazine upstairs, I opened it to the page revealing the article and held it in front of the Pres.  Glancing up from his puzzle,  his eyes spotted my name almost immediately.  Then I said, "What do you think of the picture?"  

Are YOU READY FOR HIS ANSWER???

Pointing to an entirely different article and a photo of ANOTHER WOMAN, he said, "It's a good pic."

"Are you kidding me?  That's not even me you #%@$@($*#&@!!"

"Well, it looks like you."

Walking out of the room, I shook my head in disgust.  I'm sure you don't need me to digress any further.  I was moe than annoyed.  Actually pissed is more like it!!  To compound matters, he didn't he ask to read the article!!

And to think that I made him the tapioca pudding he wanted just the other day!   

seeing, saying, sharing...

In HOT Water

Weekend Reflections

Comments

Popular Posts