A Keeper

 

Although I really don't know how it started, it is now a daily morning ritual.  Once I've made my coffee and go back downstairs to watch the morning news while I drink my coffee, Katniss jumps up on the red wooden footstool and sits.  She then picks up a front paw (like a dog) and reaches out to me.

Then she has me trained to say, "You want Mommy to brush you?"  Placing her brush in one hand and her comb in the other, I then say, "Okay c'mon.  I'm ready." She then steps onto my lap and stands while I comb her as she rubs the brush, giving herself a chin and head scratching.

Her coat is as soft as velvet.  My Vet tells me it's because of the water and the grooming.  All I know is the whole thing makes her happy and that the amount of fur that is removed daily isn't going in her belly!  To me, this daily routine is a keeper!!!


seeing, saying, sharing...
A Keeper

Comments

Popular Posts