My Setup...Focus

 

It may not look like much to you, but to me, it's just perfection!  The tree I'm focusing on is that pine in the distance.  That's where the Eagles nest is and although you cannot decipher it from the photo, there is a pond between that pine and I.  All the bright green stuff directly in front of me is Japanese Barberry (a tick haven!!!)  Anyway...

Upon arrival, I set my old Nikon P900 camera on a short tripod on the tote that my friend (who passed away in 2019)  placed on a table for me.  It's quick, and easy.  Then I place my trusty bean bag (THANK YOU STEWART!!!) on the tote's surface, and set the spotting scope on it, adjusting the filling for the perfect angle.  I attach my "gizmo" to the eyepiece of the scope and insert my old 5 SE, adjust the three axis, zoom in and I get a bird's eye view of just what's going on in the nest and take a pic if I want. 
SCOPED

                                                                                Meanwhile the camera is set to record video or grab a pic.  I'm trying to focus my photos/videos on the eaglets from a few weeks to fledge, which will happen when they're about 12 wks.  

Of course, I also have to wear this outfit to prevent the gnats and ticks from getting anywhere near me.
Debugged


seeing, saying, sharing...

My Setup...Focus



Comments

Popular Posts