You Bought A WHAT????

**courtesy of Etsy-Google Images Search)

Waiting until the Pres was nice and comfy in his chair, I walked into the GR and said, "Hon, guess what I did today?  I bought a TREE."

"You bought a WHAT?  Did you say TREE?  Hon, we are surrounded by trees, what makes you think we need another tree????"

Wincing, while my mind said UH-OH, I"M IN TROUBLE NOW, my mouth said, "Well I've been trying to think of something that we could plant in back of your garage and I finally found something.  Besides, it's kind of funky.  It will take up that space nicely and the sun is prefect back there as well as the moisture."   

Apparently, I'd peaked his curiosity, because he actually let me finish telling him that I ordered a 6' American Sycamore which are often found along riverbanks and do well in either fun sun or dappled shade.  Here, see for yourself:

"Mature Height/Spread:  This tree grows 70 to 100 feet tall, 65 to 80 feet wide.  It can reach 120 in height under ideal conditions.  Growth Rate: rapid (2' per year) and has a moderate to long life span...600 years.  The sycamore is a "wind firm" tree.  It's widespread, strongly branched root system keeps it firmly anchored in the soil.  The majority of it's roots are no deeper than a few feet from the surface of the soil."

Now, my problem is how large of a hole do I need to dig???

We haven't discussed that yet....GULP!

seeing, saying, sharing...

You Bought a WHAT????

Our World Tuesday




Comments

Popular Posts