Uh-Oh

Last month when the Press arranged to get six new batteries for Mama's old golf cart, we talked about the possibility of painting it.  

Now, most of you know I am not talented nor do I have the patience for such a project.  I mean really...I drive vehicles.  I don't know how to make them look pretty!  Yet, blaming it on COVID, the other day, I decided I was going to tackle the job.

I didn't want to spray paint it in the driveway, nor did I want to spray it on the lawn so I decided that if I drove it off into the woods, the small amount of overspray wouldn't damage too much so off I went.

Taking it for a quick spin around the yard, I came back up through the double gate and headed toward the well beaten path I used to get to the Eagles nest for six years.  We still keep it mowed down so I knew it would be golf cart accessible.  What I didn't realize was just how wet it was on the small patch of lawn before the entrance to the woods.

Finding myself stuck in the mud I couldn't budge forward or reverse.  Not wanting to spin the tires and dig myself in any deeper, I shut the cart off and climbed out.

When the Press got home and saw what I'd done, he immediately came in and said, "Get the key and C'mon."

Watching him carefully so if there is a next time, I'll know what to do and how to do it, I went around to push from the front as he put it in reverse, hit the pedal with his hand and ensured the wheels were lined up with the existing 3" deep tracks.  BOOM!  It was out. 

"Go ahead.  Get in and bring it into the garage."

ME:  "Hon, don't you want to know why I was up there?"

HIM:  "Well, you're going to tell me anyway so I know I don't have to ask."

ME: "I decided I'm going to paint it."

HIM:  "Oh.  I'm home for a few days.  We'll do it this weekend."

seeing's saying, sharing...

Uh-Oh

Thankful Thursday

Comments

Popular Posts