All In One

(Female in nest and male on branch on right;  should see chick (s) soon after making their way to the rim by pulling themselves up with their beak)



Lots of yard-work going on here... in the large patch of Monarda, Fiddleheads are popping up like crazy as are the Jack-in-the-Pulpits; transplanted some of the self-seeding Bleeding hearts just to make room for the original; weeding/feeding my garden beds almost daily;  all the Japanese red Maples I planted last Fall all made it!!!;  the two ornamental Acer palmatum dissectum also survived...probably because of the burlap fencing around them; most of the Daffs  the Pres and I put it did great;  the ones that didn't were pulled up by the DARN deer which meant "yours truly" had to replant them; oh, and the American sycamore we just planted...there are buds all along the slender trunk (which really looks like a branch) which appear healthy (I check on it EVERY day); all the hydrangeas have new growth at the base and along the old wood:  the butterfly bushes we divided & transplanted seem to like their new locations too; I've been pulling out new shoots of both Japanese barberry and Oriental bittersweet whenever I see them (probably from bird residue). The "bud" shown above in the Japanese Ornamental (Acer Palmatum Dissectum) was taken ONE week ago.  This is as of THIS MORNING as I prepared for the windstorm arriving today so I'm hoping they make it since I removed the burlap...UGH!!  Sometimes Mother Nature can be tough.


The American Sycamore...my 5 1/2' twig with buds...LOL!




Working outside really makes me hungry so I suggested that we have some blueberry pancakes one morning.  In fact, I asked the Pres to make extra.  I ate blueberry pancakes EVRY DAY until they were gone.  The Pres ate the bacon...I'm a blueberry girl!!


Speaking of blue, I did stop occasionally to enjoy the backyard goings-ons.  All the Bluebirds boxes are full and I love watching them and my Eastern Phoebes devour the moths and bugs that are around!


At one of the jaunts to check on other Eagles, I took the time to relax and enjoy reflections as always.



Early mornings at the Club have been relatively quiet seeing only an occasional immature Eagle come in to roost; have only seen one adult at a time...telling me that the mate is on eggs at the nest I have yet to find. I love the colors that appeared in this photo, although I have no idea WHY!!


The Poppies are blooming one at a time it seems...LOL!!
And the resident Pileated keeps himself busy in our surrounding woods.


Deciding when I should put my kayak in because the water is still VERY COLD since morning air temps are in the low 40's although another calm beautiful morning was spent on the river recently.


and lastly..."Lucy June"!  Rode Lucy June twice already, although she had indigestion the first time I mowed...water in the gas, said the Pres; she ran like a top the second time I mowed and I ONLY ran into one fence...LOL!!  Yes, I told the Pres.

Oh, and one more thing I accomplished in a week...took delivery of a piece I ordered for my "office" and since the Pres has been too busy and too tired, I decided when it was delivered, the sweetheart of a UPS man used our dolly, and brought it into the garage for me!!  When the Pres got home, we slid it down the staircase and into the Utility room.  The following day was cold and rainy so I put it together and moved it into "my space".  Cute?  I LOVE it!!!  

Recapping the past week in words would have taken me forever, so I decided to do it with photos instead.  Of course, the Eagles had to be first and all I can say now is I'M TIRED!!!

seeing, saying, DOING and sharing...

All In One

Comments

Popular Posts