More Bird Blobs

The past few weeks have been, shall we say, interesting to say the least.  On my almost daily excursions to check on the nesting pair, one morning....their behavior was totally off.  The pair was in the nest TOGETHER.  Having done housework prior to this date, typically I would see one at the nest and one perched nearby.  On this particular morning there they were...TOGETHER, sitting side by side IN THE NEST.

What I found strange was, that while they had acknowledged me upon my arrival, they were focused on something else.  Generally, one or the other (if both are present) occasionally glances over in my direction.  Yet as I set up the tripod, and camera, neither seemed at all interested. 

Grant you they're 265 yds across the pond however, they remained focused on something.  Another oddity was that they were not looking down at the pond but rather gazing almost laterally to the East around the trees.  Using the binoculars, I began skimming the trees, trying to follow the Eagles' line of sight.

WHAT IN THE WORLD?  What is THAT???  My camera lens was not powerful enough to deal with the distance but there IT was!  When I got home and zoomed in, distorted pixels and all, I believe it's some sort of DUCK.  The bill is "duck-shaped" and it was relatively large.  Typically both geese and mallards are on this pond. Anybody have any thoughts?????

seeing, saying, sharing...

More Bird Blobs









Comments

Popular Posts