A Window of Twigs


Looking through Mother Nature's window of twigs on a pretty foggy morning, I spotted the grazing deer.   Although there was no sunrise that morning, seeing them made me think about how fortunate I was when I went for my vaccine the other day.

The entire process was seamless unlike the horror stories I'm hearing from other people and seeing on TV.  As soon as my age group was eligible, I went on the website affiliated with my healthcare provider and scheduled an appointment.  

Arriving 20 minutes before, I waited behind one gentleman for the typical prescreening questions and temp check.  Told to stand on "one of the ovals" (spaced 6" apart) while the folks checking people in asked for a photo ID along with your insurance card, I saw that I was next.  The young man couldn't have been sweeter and confirmed my appointed quickly, instructing me to move to the next set of ovals.   Placing my right foot down on the "wait here" oval,  I didn't even have a chance to put my left foot down when a nurse waved me over with a big welcoming smile, asked which arm I preferred and said, "just a little pinch".  

Moving on to the waiting area for the fifteen minute "just in case," a young woman told me I would be able to schedule my appointment for my second shot immediately.  Offering to do it while I waited, she was back in no time saying, "Your next vaccine will be on March 20."

While waiting, I reviewed the possible side effects listed on the information sheet I had been given hoping that I would experience none.  I'm happy to say I had none as well as to commend the CDC for something called "V-Safe Check In," which literally sends you a text message asking if you're having any symptoms and what they are.  Their system also did a follow-up check on me the day after.  I had been told by numerous sources that staying hydrated helps reduce and or eliminate post-shot symptoms.

seeing, saying, sharing...

A Window of Twigs

with you and

Thankful Thursday

My Corner of the World


Comments

Popular Posts