Tracks Anyone?

Is anyone out there good with tracking small mammals?  

I am not...not yet.  Telling myself that I would take a tracking class, I finally decided I absolutely HAVE TO!!  

The recent snow we had left minimal white stuff on the ground yet it was enough for me to notice all the tracks that I see coming out of the woods heading to the river and back again.  I can positively ID the bobcat tracks because I'm familiar with those since we had a pair that included our place in their territory.  I was always interested in tracking where they went and from whence they came while the Pres thought I was crazy...LOL!

This morning, I saw all kinds of tracks...in addition to mine.  Yes, I'll admit I was thankful that I was wearing my "yaktrax" because it was a little slippery in spots.  Then on my way back to the car, I realized that one of them had fallen off my boot during my trek.

So I tracked myself until I found it.


seeing, saying, sharing...

Tracks Anyone?

Saturday Critters


Comments

Popular Posts