Little Piggy


Asking the Pres to dump out the 30 gallon metal can we keep our bird seed in, I knew he wouldn't be able to  go far with it.  I couldn't budge it.  It was heavy...very heavy because the lid had blown off during a recent storm and the pouring rain ruined the entire 50 lbs bag of sunflower seed.  Knowing the seed would inevitably get moldy, I thought that dumping it near the woods would at least let a few critters enjoy it.

To my surprise, the next day, rather than seeing a flock of turkeys, or birds, or. even the small herd of deer, I watched one gray ground squirrel.  It had discovered the huge pile and began devouring it.    Spending most of that day and the next day feasting, I wondered if the little thing would have a belly ache.

seeing,  saying, sharing...

Little Piggy

Wordless Wednesday

Comments

Popular Posts