Home Entertainment Center

Spending quite a bit of time at home lately, I needed something to get me out of the funk I've been in.  Trying to get away fro what was going on inside, I immediately turned to what was going out outside.  It was as if Mother Nature knew I was struggling because...

First the jennys (young females) came.   They pecked their away through the dry grass and the base of the bird feeders scoffing up as much sunflower seed as they could.  Fifteen minutes later, much to my surprise, the jakes (young males) came trotting out of the woods. 


Parading though the woods, they picked up their pace as the got closer to the feeders (LOL!!).  It truly resembled a road race!!  Since it's not breeding season, the two groups kept their distance,.  There was one young jake who began to show off and strut.


Flying up and over the fence and apparently not interested, it wasn't long before the jennys moved on.  

seeing, saying, sharing...

Home Entertainment Center

Comments

Popular Posts