Define "Old"


Way back in 1802 while the Pres and I lived in VA, we used to drive up to CT to see the kids, grandkids and friends.  Trying to hit all four kids (2 from the Pres' first marriage and 2 from my first marriage) in the time allowed was difficult because they all worked so visiting them was limited to weekends. Of course, they all wanted us to come to "their house" to see their decorations, the improvements they'd done since our last visit, etc.  Added in the visiting mix were some of the Pres' siblings as well as his Mom which added to the race against time.

One year, I received these "air-bake cookie sheets" from my daughter.  Back then I would bake up to 25 varieties of cookies and bars, making 6-10 dozen of each kind for sharing.  She knew these would come in handy.

The point I'm making here is these pans are "old" yet they bake cookies perfectly and use them to this day.  When I was cleaning out my cupboards the other day, I thought...these things have been around a long time...they're old...I wonder if they even make them anymore...do I toss, donate or keep?

I decided that "age" is relative.  Wanting a little reassurance, I asked my friend, Google "Is age relative?"

"Age, like time, is relative.  It is only a number that has whatever meaning I assign to it."

Then I decided...nope, they're not old.  They're staying.

seeing, saying, sharing...

Define "Old"

Weekend Reflections


Comments

Popular Posts